2 years

11:21 AM

Two years ago,  I was bawling in the San Diego airport saying goodbye to my family.  I mean BAWLING. Like that pathetic-blubbering-crying when you are gasping for air and sound like you're choking.  It was painful, if not slightly embarrassing. I remember going through security and I was still crying while they patted me down, and continued to have random bursts of crying all the way here.  It's 20+ hours of travel, mind you.

There were a lot of tears shed that day, and for days before as we said goodbye.  Tears fall when your heart is breaking, when you physically can't stand the emotions running through you.

It was heart break that brought us to Romania.

We see broken hearts every day here.  Broken children trying to find their place in the world.  Children telling us stories that leave you flat on the floor.  Suffering brings tears.

My tears aren't my own.  They are for my kids.  For my kids who have filled up my whole heart and who have given me a glimpse of what it must be like to be a parent.

My tears are for my God- to hear the cries of broken children and heal them.  Fix them. Rescue them.

You know that feeling after you cry?  When you can't cry even for one more second?  Emptiness.

I can't stand emptiness.  Maybe I like being happy too much, but I just can't live with emptiness.  So I ask God to fill me up.  And He does, even if it's never in the way I think it should be.

For me, after tears, come smiles and determination.  I smile because I know my God loves my kids even more than I ever could.  And I'm determined for them to know that.

I'm determined to help them reach every drop of potential they have within them.  That comes only with the strength of my God.  Tears make you stronger I guess.

Now, I think I don't mind the tears so much.  They remind me of how much God loves His children, and I am thankful for that.

reward party for our little readers!

a game we like to call, Face Cookie

no hands!

all smiles

Anniversaries are all about remembering.  We remember the tears at the beginning, the struggles in between, and the immense blessing we have received through it all.

Don't worry, we are not over here crying all the time... just always blessed :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments