{no good reason}

6:00 PM

He was found in an alley as a toddler.  He didn't know his own name. 

They said he would never learn to read, so they never tried to teach him.

Her mom dropped her off and said she would be back soon to get her. That was 12 years ago.

They said he was "retarded" and had to be institutionalized for the rest of his life.

They ran away from an abusive household.

She was abandoned and left with another family, who later abandoned her when she outlived her usefulness.  

Poverty.  Abuse.  Neglect.  Ignorance.  Injustice.




One of the hardest things to accept is that bad things happen to innocent people.  I've battled over that with the Lord  for years.  I've tried to accept it.

But I don't.

But I do accept that God can redeem any situation.  That he can transform people's lives and bring them out of pain and suffering to live a life of love and happiness.  I have met those people.  People who say they are glad that they grew up in an institution, because there, they met Christ.  They found peace that surpasses all understanding. That's more than a saying.  It's the Word.  And it's real.

I don't accept injustice.  I accept the calling God gives to all of us.  To love others.  To do justice. To love mercy. To walk with Him.

That's the only thing I can do.  And I'll do it with all of my heart.

{haley}




You Might Also Like

0 comments